Monday, January 2, 2012

My 2011 "Most loved beauty basics"

(Left to right) Koh Gen Doh - Cleansing spa water, Avene moisturizing lotion, Suisse Programme - Hydra foam cleanser  & Dr. Bronner's 18 in 1 Castille soap
From luxe to practical picks: Beauty formulas - daily control wash & Laura Mercier body scrub.

"My most loved beauty basics for 2011"

1. Koh Gen Do (Spa cleansing water) $$$$
- Lazy in removing those stubborn make-up w/ results? now, this is the product for you! I swear by this product is simply amazing! (available in Beauty Bar)
  • Gently removes even waterproof makeup and skin impurities in a single sweep
  • Perfectly convenient for on-location makeup.
  • Oil-free. Alcohol-free.
  • Safe for contact lens wearers.
  • Very refreshing and an immediate rejuvenation effect on the skin  
  • Click here for more reviews about this product.

2. Avene (Lotion Hydratante for sensitive skin) $$$
- I use this whenever my skin feels dry.
- Apply it after washing in patting motion; it will give a thin film coating. 
which provides protection from dry air especially during winter days.
- Provides hydration & calming effect on the skin after application.
- A travel must!
- 4 season's compatible. I swear by this! (humid Manila climate, China's winter days and dry air in New York.)

3. Suisse Programme (Refining Foam Cleanser) $$$$ 
- Are you looking for a facial cleanser that can strip you from all the oily residue yet leaving you with a supple and softer skin after use? Try "Suisse Programme - Hydra solution (Refining Foam Cleanser)" available in Hong Kong.

4. Dr. Bronner's 18 in 1 Castille soap $$$
Another rave for the year!!! I've always gotten curious with the packaging label "18-in-1 Hemp pure castile soap" -- It'll surely get your attention at one point... but makes you wonder what is a Castille soap? 18-in-one? The label can be confusing. I often see it in Duane Reade or any convenience stores when I was in NY but never brought myself to purchase one these.  

So one night I was staying over at a friend's place after a night out and it was so inconvenient to take the subway back to Queens. I saw this in the bathroom and decided to give it a try... man, I got hook! Now, I got 5 flavors in Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Almond, Lavender & Citrus orange.

Why I'm raving about it?! 

  • Best for travels!
  • pleasant aromatherapy scents.
  • Enjoy 1 soap for 18 different uses...
  • Can be use for everyday body-washing, for shampoo, for the laundry, for toothbrushing (I'm not too keen about this, I tried it...  it sucked), can be use for light cleaning from floor and glass table when diluted. Since it's organic can be use for for washing your fruits and vegetables. what more can you ask? hahaha! impossible!
  • Made with Certified Fair Trade and Organic Oils
  • Completely Biodegradable and Vegetable-Based
  • No Synthetic Foaming Agents, Thickeners or Preservatives

5. Laura Mercier (creme de pistache body scrub) $$$$


6. Beauty Formulas (Daily control wash) $
From luxe to deal value? This product takes the cake!!! I discovered this product by accident. I was traveling in Hong Kong for a day and forgot to pack my facial wash. desperate and feeling like an oil factory I saw this on "sale" rack for only HKD$8 (Php 50 pesos or USD$1) where can you find a cheap ass facial was for only 50pesos in regular packaging?

very good in value; I also swear by this product!!!! If you like the non-oily feel after washing then this product is definitely for you w/o leaving you dry and fragrant free with salicylic acid ingredient. (available in Landmark. Php 150+)