Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ouch baby...

Today, I had my sclerotheraphy. The injection didn't hurt at all. partially, I have high tolerance with pain. although, my right leg was treated with laser... that did hurt! the pain can be compared perhaps when your having your warts cauterized on your face by your dermatologist. 1st they put an anesthetic topical  cream for about 30mins to make your skin numb and then ice it to add extra numbness then laser procedure is being done directly on top of target area.  Easy breezy! Right? The tricky part is I have to wear this tight compression socks for 2weeks + the bruising (hermit mode).

I have yet to observe the following days and blog more about it.

After I came back from US the pain seems less bearable 5minuntes of idle standing would trigger some pain behind my knee. It worsened about a week ago that even when I'm laying down before going to bed It began to hurt more. Hence, I've decided to have my veins checked.

I took notice of my varicose when I was in high-school. My dad took me to a Chinese doctor who practice eastern medicine. He prescribed me his own Chinese herbal medicine in a capsule form. I think I've been taking it for almost a year or so it worked wonders & effectively but the result was slow. My varicose issue came up again while I was in NY last spring of 2011. My spider viens starts to be much more noticeble and during prolonged standing my calves starts to hurt...

So what is Sclerotherapy?
Sclerotherapy is a procedure used to treat blood vessels or blood vessel malformations (vascular malformations) and also those of the lymphatic system. A medicine is injected into the vessels, which makes them shrink. In adults, sclerotherapy is often used to treat varicose veins