Monday, August 29, 2011

The Elegance of the Hedgehog


The Elegance of the Hedgehog - Muriel Barbery

French novel: tender and satirical in its overall tone, yet most absorbing because of its reflections on the nature of beauty and art, the meaning of life and death.


It's been a somber week especially with the monsoon typhoons we've been having in addition with the long weekend holiday all together. While there's not much to do on a holiday... no work, commercial establishments are closed, having crappy weather and most people are spending their long weekends somewhere else, I'm stuck in Manila. So, I started to dig out into my old junk and I stumbled upon this book that I bought ages ago but was pushed into my pile of storage while I was having my room renovated last year.

I realized amidst my boredom and rotting brain that I will do some reading...